This is the last major update to WBFS Manager before version 3.0 which will be feature complete, with the following fixes and changes:
- Added indirect Drive-To-Drive transferring and cloning. (Click Drive-To-Drive expander (the line under the buttons) to show related options) (Need minimum 4.8 GBs free.)
- Added automatic RAR archive extraction (drag and drop or use the browse button).
- Added batch extraction and deletion. (Hold shift to select a range of items, or hold Ctrl to select separate individual items).
- Added exporting list of games on drive to a .CSV (Comma-separated values) file. Right-click on left-hand list and click export. Can export entire list or only selected items.
- Added ability to use more than one cover directory (all downloaded covers will still be downloaded to My Documents\WBFS Manager Covers)
- Added estimated total size for Games to Add list.
- Added Italian, German and Chinese (Traditional) language support
- Added information about the number of items in each list.
- Added message informing user that they're using the wrong version if they try using 32-bit version on 64-bit Windows.
- Updated some icons and imagery (courtesy of BarbaxX).
- All changes from previous versions are included.
- Fixed an issue with some buttons being hidden in some languages. (Now using a toolbar. Click on arrow on right side of toolbar to see any hidden icons).
- Fixed a bug with the 2.2.2 not working on Chinese OSes (released earlier as Chinese Edition).
- Fixed some special cases for region codes.
- Fixed some issues with some translations.
- Fixed a few other minor bugs.
- All fixes from previous versions are included.
Indirect Drive-To-Drive transferring and Cloning/Auto RAR Extraction notes
In this version drive-to-drive transferring and Auto RAR extraction are done using an intermediary temporary directory that is set when you first launch WBFS Manager.
The drive with the temporary directory on it should have at least 4.8 GB free space for single layer games. Double-layer games will require more space.
You can change the temporary directory by going to Edit->Options.
To do a drive-to-drive transfer:
- Load the source drive.
- Open the Drive-To-Drive section and load the target (secondary) drive.
- Click "Clone" to copy all games from the source drive to the target drive OR Choose some games from the left-hand list (source drive) using Shift or Ctrl, then click "Copy to this Drive".
Direct drive-to-drive copying will be available in WBFS Manager 3.0.
- For those of you having issues starting WBFS Manager, please make sure your using "Run as Administrator" for Win Vista and 7.
- If the program is crashing at startup with a message saying "This program has stopped working...", the reason for this 99% of the time is that your .NET FW version is 3.5 instead of 3.5 SP1. Please note, theres a significant difference between these two. To avoid problems, allow the setup to install .NET 3.5 SP1 for you. If you don't want to do that, please use the following correct link for .NET 3.5 SP1: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=AB99342F-5D1A-413D-8319-81DA479AB0D7&displaylang=en
- If your having issues with drive detection make sure the drive was initially formatted as FAT32 and that the partition is a Primary partition.
- .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (the installer will prompt you to automatically download and install it if you don't already have it.)
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Vista (tested thoroughly. May need to "Run as Administrator" depending on user's settings and UAC settings).
- Windows 7 (tested and working. May need to "Run as Administrator" depending on user's settings and UAC settings).
- Windows XP (tested by a few other users, should work fine.)