USB Loader GX won't recognize my HDD after using WBFS Manager 3.0

Feb 16, 2010 at 4:08 AM

I did some searching on the discussion boards and couldn't find anyone with the same problem I'm having.  Hoping someone can help me.

Here's the situation:

I just got a new 500 GB WD external hard drive.  I can install games via USB Loader GX on the Wii and they work fine.  I can then hook the drive up to my computer and see the installed games through WBFS Manager 3.0.  However, if I then plug the hard drive back into the Wii, It does not recognize the USB device.  Any fixes for this?  Am I doing something wrong?  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. 

P.S. I'm running Windows 7 (64-Bit)

Thanks guys

Feb 20, 2010 at 4:09 AM

Hi,

Same problem here with window 7, plug in the computer, then use WBFS 3.0 but it wont read any games....I posted teh questions and still waiting for answer if you have it please let me know tran12062@yahoo.com. Thanks

Feb 26, 2010 at 7:59 PM

me too! my hd was working on wii and wbfs manager but now neither will even recognize it. i have wd essentiels 1t hd. im running win 7 64 bit. please let me know if there is a fix. jondbond81@yahoo.com is there any way to get all my games off my hd so i dont loose them. its formated with wbfs but it wont read it. thanks

jon

Mar 2, 2010 at 7:31 PM

wich port of usb did you plug it?

Mar 9, 2010 at 1:09 AM

I have the same problem except I'm using XP. I pluged the hard drive which is a 320 gb passport partitioned in half to the back of the wii in the usb port.

have tried both ports neither one works. if anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated

thanks

msvensso

Mar 14, 2010 at 1:18 AM

download the 3.1 version maybe helps i use it and no problems let me know

Mar 29, 2010 at 10:39 AM
Edited Mar 29, 2010 at 10:40 AM

Hey same problem here!

First, I bought a WD Passport 500 GB. 70 games installed later, both using wii or the WSBF manager, I had not faced even a single problem in three months. I also use a Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. 

Three weeks ago, I bought a friend of mine a WD Passport 350 GB, and he reported to me that he had these same issue, HDD would not mount, games did not load, some hanging, black screens... I took the thing home for a test-drive. I had the same problems with his HD on my wii, but not in the same proportions. After formating his HD and installing some games and playing them for a few days, I had no problems at all.

But, when it was time to plug my HD back to my wii... I've started to have the same problems he reported before! And now they have plagued all my games. 

I use WSFB 3.0, CFG usb loader v55, CIOSX r19. Notice that even neogamma 9 would give the same problems if I try to load from it.

Apr 11, 2010 at 4:39 AM

Seams WBFS Manager 3.0 Still has Bugs Hopefully They are aware of it and a Bug Fix is being  Done as we speak