No way to format WBFS drive bigger than 1 To

Dec 21, 2009 at 11:15 PM

Hi all

Just bought a 1.5 To HDD and no way to format it in WBFS if the size is bigger than 1 To (work fine if less than 1 To)

Bug or limitation ?

Any idea welcome, any solution welcome ...

Thanks

Gerald (COY)

Dec 22, 2009 at 3:39 AM

Sorry but what is a To? And possibly you could partition into smaller chunks? Say 1 Tb and 500 gig

Dec 22, 2009 at 4:42 AM
OOOoops

A To is a stupid "french" typpo I meaned Tb ... my mistake sorry.

And yes, If I use "smaller chunks", it works but in this case, I think only one will be seen by the Wii ... need to be checked but ...

Giterdone a écrit :

Sorry but what is a To? And possibly you could partition into smaller chunks? Say 1 Tb and 500 gig

__________ Information provenant d'ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version de la base des signatures de virus 4707 (20091221) __________

Le message a �t� v�rifi� par ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com
Dec 22, 2009 at 7:46 AM
No problem bud.Lol. Do you need the whole drive for WBFS? Or could you get away with the 1Tb for WBFS and partition the other 500 for Fat32 or NTFS?

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 8:42 PM, COY <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

OOOoops

A To is a stupid "french" typpo I meaned Tb ... my mistake sorry.

And yes, If I use "smaller chunks", it works but in this case, I think only one will be seen by the Wii ... need to be checked but ...

Giterdone a écrit :

__________ Information provenant d'ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version de la base des signatures de virus 4707 (20091221) __________

Le message a �t� v�rifi� par ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (wbfsmanager@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email wbfsmanager@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Dec 23, 2009 at 11:11 AM
Edited Dec 23, 2009 at 11:13 AM

I have 3 x 1.5tb western digital hard drives  and 1 x 1 wd 1tb hdd all formatted with wbfs manager I havent had any major problems, the only prob I have is that on one of the hard drives that I have cloned I can see all my games on it  but when I click on my game it goes back to my Wii channels page...anyone have a suggestion on why it's doing this

Dec 24, 2009 at 4:56 AM
Giterdone : ... yep, I would like to WBFS format the whole drive ...

Frankinsteine : ... I don't know how you formated more than 1 Tb ? i'm stuck at 1Tb maximum  ... Which manager and which version are you using ?

Thanks for your help ...

Le 23/12/2009 12:11, frankinsteine a écrit :

I have 3 x 1.5tb western digital hard drives  and 1 x 1 wd 1tb hdd all formatted with wbfs manager I havent had any major problems, the only prob I have is that on one of the hard drives I can see all my games on it  but when I click on my game it goes back to my Wii channels page...anyone have a suggestion on why it's doing this

Dec 24, 2009 at 12:42 PM

Hi I use WBFS manager 2.5 and I am on a 4.2V Wii on all my Wii's

Dec 28, 2009 at 6:52 AM
Hi all,

I finally managed to find a solution for my HDD.

Before, I was using F32formatter and the problem was "probably" there !

Today, I used Easeus partition master home edition (free) and I was abble to resize my HDD.

F32formatter, was not giving any error, but limited the size of the WBFS disk !

Now I have a 1.4 Tb of WBFS drive.

Thanks to all that have participated.

Season greetings from Belgium ... Take care.

Gerald (COY)

Le 24/12/2009 13:42, frankinsteine a écrit :

Hi I use WBFS manager 2.5 and I am on a 4.2V Wii on all my Wii's