Drive to drive Problems games loading black screen

Oct 26, 2009 at 10:08 PM

Hi everyone :-) I've come across a problem with drive to drive option in Wbfs manager. recently i was using 4 drives with all my games on and decided to buy a new bigger drive so i got a 250gb drive and used the drive to drive option to transfer all the 4 drives to the new one. For some reason now some of the games will not load and i have a black screen after i use usb loader to load the game, i know its not the drive because usb loader loads the drive up and i can see my games to play and some of them still work. I have backed up one of my games again and it played okay and the original backup still would not work so i know my wii can play the game. i have also tried transfering some of the games back to one of the original drives i was using and same problem so i can put it down to the drive to drive option seems to corrupt the booting of some games. i would much appreciate if anybody knows why this happens and what to do without having to extract each game to an iso then back to another drive which seems to work everytime and more importantly what can i do with the games that don't boot anymore, because when i transfered them from the 4 drives to the new one i cleared the original drives so is there any software i could use to fix the game iso to boot again so i dont have to sit down and backup my game collection again. Sorry for the long read but tried a lot of ways round this problem and no luck. cheers

Nov 3, 2009 at 2:22 AM

Let me know if you find a fix. I am having the same problem. I am trying to make a backup hard drive in case of drive failure, but when I copy none of the games will play.

Jan 6, 2010 at 11:34 PM

I am having the same problem.  I read in another forum -- http://www.wiihacks.com/software-backup-loaders/25699-usb-loader-gx-black-screen-all-games-6.html -- (here's the url) about the same problem, and the guy found a way around it, kind of... he had to burn all his iso's and then use usb loader to rip them to the hard drive.....  it's worth a try, i don't want to lose my whole library!!