booting ISO's off a portable HDD

Oct 23, 2009 at 7:05 PM

Completely new to Wii's. Just bought one last week and a friend Softmodded it for me with wiihack. He didnt know how to use an external drive to store ISO's. I researched a little and found it could easily ....HOWEVER I have my SD card in the slot, external HDD formated to WBFS and moved games over, downloaded USBLoader GX and WBFS Manager 3.0.

(Shrugging shoulders) Now what do I do?  :)

****gracious flattery*****

I completely dig these two programs and love how they are way more friendly than my old sat-card programming days of guesswork and dead cards. Thanks for the pro to help the noobs and one day the noobs will become the pros and help the "new"noobs. lol

Oct 24, 2009 at 5:01 PM

If you have everything softmodded correctly you should be ready to go. Just launch USBLoader GX from the Homebrew channel and you should see the loader's nice GUI show up on your screen.

I had a couple issues my first time also, and that lead to me finding out that you can also mount your WBFS drive from NeoGamma. So if all else fails give that a try, but you don't get the nice user interface with NeoGamma.

Eventually I found that I had no problems booting from USBLoader GX as long as I had my external drive powered up before starting my Wii. 

Good luck,

Justin.