1TB external hardrive with WBFS & NTFS partition?

Sep 21, 2009 at 2:21 AM

Hi there i recently got WBFS Manager on my wii and it works great!!!! im just wondering i would like to get a 1TB external harddrive to use on my Wii and PC with two partitions WBFS and NTFS is it possible? or would i have to have a seperate harddrive just for the wii so i could put the iso files on? i was hoping to have one 1tb harddrive and split it 500gb each partition and use it for the wii WBFS and still be able to connect it to my pc and back up some files,photos, and such. thanks for the help!

Sep 26, 2009 at 6:12 PM

Well, I'm telling this to you by experience. I got a 2TB Dual Bay Mobile External HDD (its about the size of a mini toaster lol) the thing its that Ihave 1TB, the whole as ntfs for storage, and the other 1TB it's as 530.96 GB WBFS and the other 400.55 GB as ntfs, I can tell you it works, depending of what Partiditioner you did used, I used GParted, it's the best for this.

Just assign the actual size you want to the HDD for WBSF, choose a drive letter, choose unformated (so the WBFS manager formats to wbfs partidition).

And hopefully if your Wii doesn't get bitchy, it would work with USB Loader GX, Wii FLow or any (I asume) supported USB Loader...

I hope this help ya :)

Oct 14, 2009 at 11:04 PM

I backup games and play with the formated USB external WBFS drive, and with the other USB port, I can play movies with the USB external FAT drive. 

Will this still work on a single USB drive , if partitioned as mentioned (games on the partitioned WBFS and movies on the partitioned FAT)?