ReUsing on Computer

Jun 26, 2009 at 4:48 PM

I used the software successfully to add a few iso. When I connected to the Wii I also added a few more games using iso loader. When I tried to use the hard drive again on my computer to move over more games, the wbfs manager did not recognize the hard drive and asked me to format it. Did I do something wrong?

Jun 26, 2009 at 6:33 PM

Similar problem here. Here's a break down of what happened, I use WinXP SP3 by the way. Last night I deleted the partition on my WD 120GB external USB Hard Drive using the Computer Management Tool. I assigned a drive letter to the drive without formatting it. I went into WBFS 3.0 and formatted the drive in WBFS format. I copied an ISO from my PC to the external drive.

I then went to the Wii and connected the USB Drive, used the USB Loader GX 1.0 and it found the drive no problem. I ran the ISO from the HDD (after patching my USB Loader for the Error 002 fix) and it worked great. I then burned an ISO from my Wii on to the USB Drive and it ran fine as well. Was getting late so I shut everything down.

Today I wanted to add another ISO to the USB Drive. I plugged it into my PC and got the "sound" that my computer recognized something was plugged in. I went into WBFS and selected the drive and hit Load. I got the error "Error occured while loading drive. Make sure the drive is not in use or open and that it has been formatted to WBFS format."

If I go to file manager within windows, it recognizes there is a external drive connected, when I right click it and choose properties, it shows it as unformatted and RAW. Although it says 0 bytes free and 0 bytes available. I'm presuming that is normal as Windows wouldn't know anything about the drive since it is listed as "unformatted".

Since I really didn't have much on it I thought I'd reformat the drive and start over. But WBFS won't let me format it either. If I try I get the error "An error ocurred while attempting to format the drive."

Figuring I'd take it even a step further back, I went back into the Computer Management Tool thinking I'd delete the partition again and start over, but the drive isn't listed in there either.

Any thoughts as to what is wrong? Is it as simple as the drive failing? Don't have another drive lying around that I can try that with though.

Jun 26, 2009 at 7:05 PM

Quick update here. After doing some searching I saw on a post on another board where it was recommended that your external USB Drive be connected and powered up before you turn on the Wii. After doing that, my Wii does recognize the drive and I can play the two ISO's that I put on it last night. I still however cannot get WBFS to recognize the drive. It does however eliminate the failed drive possibility.

Jul 5, 2009 at 8:20 PM

hey i have that problem too. anyone get it to fix yet? i got desperate and tried other wbfs managers.  they all have the same problems.  what's going on?  if the wii can see it, windows can see it, but wbfs managers can't communicate to it. wbfs managers fail.

Jul 5, 2009 at 11:53 PM
Edited Jul 5, 2009 at 11:54 PM

my Wii would recognize my WBFS partition but WBFS Manager would not.  what i did was reformat the partition to NTFS using Windows Computer Management, then used Partition Magic to make the partition primary active.

drive has been working ever since.