USB Loader Not Loading Certain Games

Jun 24, 2009 at 8:04 PM
Edited Jun 24, 2009 at 8:06 PM

Hello there,
I installed some games on one of my external hard disk using USB Loader GX (some from original games and some from backups). All they were working fine but "Call of Duty 3" which will freeze when loading.
The problem and weird thing is that after my wife dropped my hard disk from no higher than 30 cm (1 ft) and on carpet, even though USB Loader GX still shows all the games as installed on the external hard disk it would only load those installed from originals.
Does anyone know why this is happening?
Thanks a lot,

Jun 26, 2009 at 6:38 PM

When it's freezing on loading do you get the Error 002 message? If so you can DL an update to USB Loader GX that has an option in settings to Turn On the Error 002 fix.

And were the "non-orignal" games working before the drive was dropped? If so then I'd expect the dropping somehow caused your problem, if you put them on the HDD all at the same time, perhaps that portion of the hard disk was damaged when it was dropped. Yeah I'm grasping at straws. If they never worked before the dropping of the drive then there is something else wrong and I'm certainly not mentally equipped to help you there.

Jun 26, 2009 at 9:23 PM
Edited Jun 26, 2009 at 9:26 PM

Hello Bruce,

All the installed non-original games were loading without any problem, but "Call of Duty 3" which was freezing when I attempted to load it.

After the disk was dropped, when the non-original games froze I did not get any error, just a black screen and the only way I could get my Wii to work again was by forcing it to turn off. I decided to format the hard disk and re-installed the games.

For test purposes, I downloaded and installed on the disk (using "WBFS Manager") a game I downloaded from internet. When I first try to load this game I got a black screen as it happened with the "non-original" games, having to force the console to turn off.  
After seeing this, I decided to try changing the USB Loader GX's settings. When I changed the "Video Mode" from "System Default" to "Auto Patch" the mentioned game loaded. The only weird thing I have noticed is that it would kick me out of USB Loader GX during the first loading attempt sending me to the Wii Menu, but after running USB Loader GX again and asking it to load the game it would do it without any problem.
Now I am suspecting that dropping the disk did not cause a problem, and maybe it was just an accidental configuration change. I will install at least one of the non originals to see whether they work or not using the different "Video Mode" settings.

Thanks a lot for your help,

Hector

Jul 17, 2009 at 6:23 AM

this issue has nothing to do with you dropping your drive i have a short list of games that get stuck on the green screen some get stuck on a black screen its a very small % of games outta the 100's that are out . if you want a list of these 31 cover heres the link i got it off the usb loader gx website u can add these covers to the sd image part of your sd card and the covers will tell you to to load any disc in the wii or f it just wont work at all heres the link http://rapidshare.com/files/228948090/no_work.zip thats  dircet download of the cover or if u dont trust that link just go to http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/downloads and youll see

Special covers for games with problems
It is a pack of 31 covers for the non working/requiring disc games from BlindDude 

in the extras secion at the bottom of the web page

hope this helps

Jul 17, 2009 at 6:27 AM

ohh by the way u might want to check these games out for your self cause some of the oes posted that say theyy dont work worked for me igot metroid prime to work and a few other ones elbits and such they seem to work fine so you might want to try them for your self i havent tried to load the games with a disc in the wii yet so i cant tell you if that wors or not but its worth a shot

Jul 17, 2009 at 3:27 PM

Hey,

Thanks a lot,

I suspected that is what happened. I was curious because some games were loading without problems and then they just stopped working, one that never loaded was "Call of duty" which is on the list.

Thanks again,

Hector