Copying Covers to WBFS

May 14, 2009 at 4:23 PM

First of all, great work on this fantastic prog! With it I've sucessfully 'fixed' my new Wii and hooked up a HDD with WBFS and ISOs all running smoothly. I do have one question though:

I realise that the downloaded cover images are not meant to be directly copied to the WBFS (I read up on this before posting), but how do I manually copy these (or my own) cover images onto the WBFS so that they appear on the Wii when the appropriate ISO is selected?

May 15, 2009 at 4:20 PM

By default, you can find the covers being download at "My Documents/WBFS Manager Covers" directory, that is if you didn't change the directory.

As stated in the readme on SD/USB Loader v1.5:

- Add game cover (PNG format only):

To add a game cover, copy the cover image inside "usb-loader/covers" folder
  in the root of the SD card. The filename must be the same as the game ID
  (with .png extension).

You should now be seeing the game covers upon scrolling/browsing inside the usb loader.

Remember, just create the directory "usb-loader/covers" if not found on the root of your SD card. I hope that helps.

May 16, 2009 at 4:19 AM

Ah! That explains why WBFS Manager doesn't do it.
I assumed the covers were stored on the HDD, not the SD card.
Thanks for the help!

Aug 18, 2009 at 6:42 PM

I have done as you mentioned, copied all the image files to "/usb-loader/covers" on my SD card, however they still don't show up?  Is there a setting that needs to be changed or configured?

Sep 5, 2009 at 9:58 PM

just get the cover floader wad and it d/ls all the covers for you. Plus its a channel and an easy way to access all your games.