Maximum of 500 files on WBFS partition

Mar 11, 2011 at 7:44 PM

Hi everyone, I just face the maximum files on my WBFS partition.  Witch is 500 games.  They are all on my 1TB HD.  But my problem is I still have 225GB of free space on it...  I know the Wii loaders support drives with more than one partition.  So I would like to partition my HD in 2 partitions.

My questions are :

1 -Can I change de partition size with partition magic?  And create the new one with the 500 games still on the HD?

2 - Does Partition Magic recognize  WBFS partition? For resizing. Or another program who can do the job (open to any suggestions).

3 - Or do I have to extract all the games on my PC to do that?  Delete the partition, create 2 new one, and format it as WBFS? And reupload the games on the 2 partitions after that....  OMG

4- Or is there a way to change the max files on a WBFS partition???

This is a lot of time if I have to extract the games before...

Thanks for you excellent work and help

Tireur

Mar 15, 2011 at 2:54 PM

Anyone have an idea???

Thanks

Apr 2, 2011 at 12:04 AM

I would say solution Nbr. 2, sorry...

I fear Partition Magic doesn't recognize the WBFS partitions, but I can be wrong.

I already had this problem, and I finally bought a second USB HDD, not so big.

Then you can try to manage the different games on the 2 HDD, keeping the largest games on the 1 TB, and having the smaller ones (or less played) on the 2nd Hard Drive. That's just my opinion, as transfering 1 complete HDD takes more than one day, if it's a straight copy... (If you have to choose the games one by one, compress and extract. damn... you have my sympathy...)

Bencara

Apr 5, 2011 at 12:59 PM
Edited Apr 6, 2011 at 12:11 PM

Hi, finaly there ishow I solved the problem :

I was sharing games with a friends.  So I took his 1TB HD and format it in FAT32, transfert all my games on his drive with Wii Backup Manager (way better than WBFS manager (sorry)).  Then I formated my drive in FAT32 and transfert his games on my drive.  The first step took me 13 hours (my HD is USB 2.0).  And the second step took me 8 hours (his HD is USB 3.0).

Now I'm counting like 595 games on my HD.

Bye bye 500 files capacity limit on wbfs drive.

Not bad after all!!!  :)

Hope it will help people in the same situation.

Tireur

Apr 14, 2011 at 8:39 PM

Hello,

There is no other solution?
Why limit to 500 games?

Apr 20, 2011 at 6:52 PM
Edited Apr 20, 2011 at 6:53 PM
Divin wrote:

Hello,

There is no other solution?
Why limit to 500 games?

I guess 500 files is part of the property / specifications of the WBFS system files.  Like FAT32 can't have a file bigger than 4 GB...  Maybe the evolution in a near futur will help  changing that for the WBFS partiton.

Tireur

May 3, 2011 at 11:41 PM

I have a personal triumph on this. Let me share it. I was looking ate a 2TB WD HDD formatted as WBFS with some questions, including  "Why can't I get WBFSManager to put more than 500 games? (Like I really needed it!).  I loaded it and checked the space used by the 500 games already loaded. After everythin and a generous 25GB 32 bit drive setup, I was left with 1.7TB left.  I had used just below half of the drive. I did some real freaky moving of files to obtain a 1.7TB space, but got it done. I was then able to use my disk backup system to make a good copy. It didnt know what it was copying, as it did a sector-by-sector copy, but when I mounted the backup in WBFSMgr, all worked just fine. With a good backup, I got a bit more courageous. After all, it took me almost forever to load those 500 in the first place. Since I am using Windows7, Like Vista, I was able to use the Computer Management - Disk Management app and had it shrink the partition (decrease the size of the partition) to a bit larger than the space I had already used. Upon checking, the drive is still fine, and readable by the WBFSMgr programs like before. I did however have room for another partition 0f 800GB!  That then became my second HDD.  I am soooo happy that I dont have to redo those 500 game files! I did the backup for nothing! Thats great!

Jan 16 at 8:59 AM
威哥王
威哥王
威哥王
威哥王
巨人倍増
巨人倍増
巨人倍増
三体牛鞭
三體牛鞭
勃動力三體牛鞭
狼1号