can play games in wii but cannot load hdd in wbfs

Jan 2, 2011 at 6:40 PM

my wii was soft modded by a friend who also transferred games onto my external hdd.

he has the exact same hdd and has had no problems

today i tried to plug in my hdd into my computer and open wbfs....when i click on the drive that the hdd is associated with and click load it gives me an error message that a lot of ppl seem to be getting but i dont see help responses?

error while loading drive. Make sure drive is not in use or open and that it has been formatted to WBFS format

when i first plug in my hdd it asks me if i want to install or run WD smartware (my hdd is by western digital).

another box also comes up asking me to format the hard drive.

i say no to both

any help would be much appreciated.  I dont want to lose my progress in my games i already have on my hard drive but want to be able to add more

Jan 6, 2011 at 9:46 AM

Hi....let see if i can give you some help here.....ok if your m8 has formatted your drive useing the WBFSManager format with the right prefix... ie C D E F and so on, onec this has been done by the WBFSManager your pc will not see the drive the next time you load the drive up has windows OS will not see the drive has a formatted anymore and this is why you get the popup window when you frist connect the drive to your pc, this will also be the same if you use any UBS flash pen.Now if you are useing the WBFSManager ie..WBFSManager3.0.1-RTW-x86 for xp pro and for windows 7 use WBFSManager3.0.1-RTW-x64 all you need to do is load up WBFSManager and with the pull down tab ues the right prefix for the drive you have pluged into your pc and then hit load drive in WBFSManager and you should see all the games to the left of WBFS your m8 has put on, then just add your ISO Wii game to the more thing all your save games will always be saved to your Wii and NOT your Hard Drive...i hope this helps you in some why knellul...

Jan 6, 2011 at 12:23 PM

thank you so much for replying!

when he modded my wii the hard drive was never formatted on the computer...should it have been?

i am using wbfs 3.0 and i have windows 7

when i try and select the drive in wbfs and click load thats when i get the error message

Jan 6, 2011 at 3:06 PM

Np i am Glad i can help somone...i also ues Windows 7 64Bit i used windows to format my new WD 1TB drive then i want on to use WBFSManager and ues the right prefix for my WD lets say it was G and then i Hit the Format Tag in WBFSManager once this was done i want on to add some Wii Iso Games.... to the new Formatted WD Drive with WBFSManager...if you dont need the game or if you can dump the games on your pc i would....dont forget all your save games data would have been saved on the Wii and not your HD....

Jan 11, 2011 at 3:15 PM

the same problem like knellul, but i have windows vista

acid reflux diet

Jan 11, 2011 at 5:07 PM

Hi sammymccoy...just read what i have posted above this should work for you has Vista is amost the same has windows 7 64Bit but cant be 100% i have never used you cant read your drive that has been formtted by WBFSManager3.0.1-RTW-x64  i think there maybe a Vista WBFS so i will look into this for you...