Problem getting isos to work, estimated file size too low

Oct 28, 2010 at 7:17 AM

I recently installed WBFS. I have been downloading lots of Wii isos, but for some reason only about 1 in 10 will work with WBFS. The ones that do work for me have a file size of about 3.2-3.7 gigs and the estimated file size is about 2.3-2.6 GB. I load them onto my SD card, and they work fine. However, the vast majority of isos I have downloaded are exactly 4.37 GB, and have an estimated file size of between 0.3 and 0.6 gigs. They do not work at all when loaded to the SD card. The thing is, these iso are downloaded from torrent sites where the comments log show plenty of satisfied downloaders, so I know they work. But, something just isn't working for me. Why do only a select few of the isos I download work??

I hope somebody can shed some light on this for me, and I greatly appreciate any help.

Nov 29, 2010 at 3:31 PM

It is common for people on torrent sites to comment on crap that doesn't work.  Not sure if this would work but you could try mounting the iso via daemon tools or some sort of mounting software and see if it mounts without error.  If the mounting fails, then obviously the iso is just bad.  If the mounting works, you can check the disk size.  If it is a newer game, you can be guaranteed that it will be between the 1.5 to 3.5 gbs of data. (Games like Donkey Kong Returns or Other M). If its newer game but a lower disk size, then it's just a fake.

Note: for some cracks, I have seen mountable images that state the full disc size (4.37) but just has a shell with minor files in it.  That might be the case as well.