it does work! I also had the problem that it doesn't format.
1) Start Disk managment + WAD Manager
2) with Disk Management, Go the your drive you want to format and right click.
3) Choose the "Change drive letter and path.."
4) Remove the drive letter
5) Format the drive as NTFS ( it worked here)
After this the drive should say something like " Raw formatted etc"
6) Go to "Change drive letter and path.." and assign a drive letter to the drive.
7) go to WAD Manager and format het drive Succesfully