Clone Feature (mirror?)

Dec 11, 2009 at 2:51 PM

Me and a buddy want to swap games on our WBFS drives.  Does anyone know if the Clone feature will actually mirror the two drives?  in essence trying to find the simplest way to transfer all of my games to his drive and (simultaneously?) transfer all of his games to my drive. 

Dec 23, 2009 at 10:22 AM

YOu can clone the drives with wbfs manager and it will make an identical copy...the only thing I have found is that if i clone a 1tb hdd from my 1.5tb hdd the games work fine if I try and clone a 1.5tb to another 1.5tb hdd the games show up on the screen but when you click on a game it goes back to the wii channels page.....I am assuming that wbfs manager can't cope with the larger hard drives especially if they are larger than 1tb...so my only option is to partition the 1.5tb to a 1tb and 500gb put all the games on the 1tb section and use the 500gb for something else

I have also found that western digital are pretty much the only hdd I don't have a prob with though sill have the cloning thing with the larger hdd

Aug 24, 2010 at 7:03 PM

Hello Frankinsteine

I have a 1TB HDD with 425 games. My friend also got his Wii modded exactly the same way. How can I make a exact replica of my HD with all the games. The HDD is brand new and has not been formatted. Can you please advise the steps including formatting cloning etc/

Thanks you for your help.

Manu

Aug 24, 2011 at 5:10 AM

Unfortunately the Clone feature doesn't actually mirror the 2 drives, although I wish they would implement that feature. The Clone feature is basically a "copy all" function from the top HD to the bottom one. It doesn't run a check to see if any of the games are already on the destination drive before beginning the process, either. So it just errors out when it runs into a duplicate game. The good news is that it doesn't over write any data on the destination drive, so you won't lose any data. If you want to mirror the drives, you just have to go through the tedious process of manually selecting which games you want to copy to the other drive, and then repeat the process for the other drive.