Can only fill 10% of my 320gb drive

Nov 28, 2009 at 8:30 AM

I have a Verbatim Portable Hard Drive 320GB.

I can see all 320GB in windows. When I use WBFS Manager 3.01 to format it it formats it in a couple of seconds. I can see the 320GB at the bottom (actually 298GB now).

When I add around 10/11 games it goes well. WHen I try to add the 12th game it looks like it adds it correctly. I get a message saying "completed adding entries". When I press OK however I get a message saying "error occurred while loading drive. Make sure the drive is not in use or open and that it has been formatted to WBFS format". After that I am not able to access the drive anymore. I have to pull out the USB cable and plug it back in.

Strangely I keep sitting around some virtual 23/24GB limit (meaning there are already 10 games on the drive). It looks like everything I try to add around the 23-26GB range gives me this error.

I tried different PC's, different USB ports but same error is happening.

Dec 26, 2009 at 6:12 AM

I have the exact same issue. I have a 70GB and I formated it in the WBFS Manager and I can only get just under 1/3 of the available space used up. The manager will freeze up for a minute while uploading, after it resumes it "finishes" the upload to the drive and says it added correctly and then after clicking ok it gives me the same exact error. Any solutions to this error?

Dec 26, 2009 at 6:17 AM

Turns out I had a bad drive. I formatted to NTFS and just tried copying a few files there and I had the same error. After returning the drive (RMA) I received a new one and everything works now.

Sent: Saturday, December 26, 2009 7:13 AM
To: choller@themainclick.net
Subject: Re: Can only fill 10% of my 320gb drive [wbfsmanager:76446]

I have the exact same issue. I have a 70GB and I formated it in the WBFS Manager and I can only get just under 1/3 of the available space used up. The manager will freeze up for a minute while uploading, after it resumes it "finishes" the upload to the drive and says it added correctly and then after clicking ok it gives me the same exact error. Any solutions to this error?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (wbfsmanager@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email wbfsmanager@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com