Resize WBFS Partition .. ??

Nov 17, 2009 at 6:27 PM

I have a 500Gb drive

400Gb NTFS (97% full)

100Gb WBFS (25% full)

I would lik to shrink the WBFS from 100Gb to 40Gb as its not being used and I need the space on the NTFS partition as thats full
is there a way to resize the WBFS and NTFS without having to delete or format the WBFS and lose my games?

I'd rather not copy all games back onto laptop then rebuild the WBFS Partition as 40Gb etc as thats a faff and i dont have room for all the games on laptop either

may I suggest that a RESIZE DRIVE feature be added to WBFS Manager in future...

thanks

Nov 26, 2009 at 1:01 PM

I have almost the same problem. The only thing is that I need to expand my WBFS drive.
I've searched the internet for solutions but I couldn't find anything.

I think this is a nice addition for WBFS Manager.

Grtz Xeki

Nov 29, 2009 at 3:08 AM
Edited Nov 29, 2009 at 3:15 AM

Hello,

I have not tryed it with this software but you may look into Partition Magic or Paragon Partion Manager. Remember to always back up irreplaceable data before changing any drive info.

Hope this helped. :) 

Jan 6, 2010 at 9:01 PM

Hello. I can say with absolute certainty that it is impossible WBFS resize a partition with PartitionMagic 8. After resizing, in fact, the partition is no longer accessible with WBFS Manager.
However the Wii (GX USB Loader) still see the previous games on the WBFS partition, but i cannot add more as the partition results "Unformatted".

I suggest you make a backup of all your games before you resize WBFS partition.

Hope this helped

Aug 18, 2010 at 4:09 AM

Hah, don't worry. You can carried the problem out through the Partition Manager.

It can work well and free for use, I'd like to resize partition by it.

So, you can have a try.