WBFS Manager "Problem"

Nov 8, 2009 at 1:48 AM

Every time I go to open WBFS Manager, I get this error

"WBFS Manager has encounter a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I've tried with WBFS 2.5 and I just recently tried 3.0.  Same thing each time.  I'm on an xp computer if that helps at all. Please help!

Jan 7, 2010 at 7:52 PM
Edited Jan 7, 2010 at 7:53 PM
stuiedaman wrote:

Every time I go to open WBFS Manager, I get this error

"WBFS Manager has encounter a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I've tried with WBFS 2.5 and I just recently tried 3.0.  Same thing each time.  I'm on an xp computer if that helps at all. Please help!

I'm having the same problem. I successfully installed this on a laptop with a very minimal XP, but it gives the above error with my desktop.

I have removed and re-installed both the program and net 3.5sp1 several times. Since there are no logs, no system errors, nothing to indicate what might be the conflict here - I'm asking for help.

Is there a diagnostic switch to the software I might try? Any idea what might conflict with this software? I'd really like to run this on my desktop but I'm stumped - there is very little info about this that I can find.

Jan 11, 2010 at 12:46 PM

I was getting this error last night, myself.  In my case, the error was because WBFS tried to access a drive that wasn't connected.  When you first load the program, it defaults to the drive letter you last used; for some reason, even though my drive wasn't connected, its letter was still visible it "My Computer" and when the program tried to load the phantom drive, it got angry and confused :P

Jan 11, 2010 at 6:39 PM
Edited Jan 11, 2010 at 6:51 PM

Well that''s interesting. On my laptop where the program works, it defaults to A: when I first run up the program and there IS a floppy in this laptop.

My desktop has no floppy so if it's trying to read A: as default there won't be one. 

Update: Just tried a virtual floppy program to create the drive just in case but alas, it has no effect. Same error message. Any other ideas?