WBFS Loaded Game Wont Run

Nov 7, 2009 at 6:02 AM
Edited Nov 7, 2009 at 6:04 AM

I am having some problems with a 1.5 TB Verbatim drive. Any game I install with WBFS Manager comes up in USB Loader GX but when clicked on the Wii reboots? If i add a game through USB loaderGX and rip it from a disc in the wii, that game works fine. I have even tried it with the same game(one ripped from the wii directly the other from WBFS) but any game added using the PC just doesn't run. I have tried all sort of partitons and settings but it makes no difference. What is different to a game loaded from the Wii and one loaded from the PC using WBFS? If anyone has any ideas I would be very gratefull as this is very frustrating and I now have a 1.5 tb hard drive that can only be filled by extracting, burning and then ripping through the Wii itself, a very painfull and time consuming method.

Thanks

Nov 13, 2009 at 4:30 PM

Same here (iomega though). Unfortunately the best you can do it split it up into 2 partitions. It seems that anything larger then 1TB, the WBFS program can't handle. In fact if you look at the blocks available, its much smaller than if you were to split into a 999GB/400+ GB partiton. I haven't found anyway around this and believe it to be an issue with the software. Unfortunately the remaining space will have to be used for something else as you cannot make it a WBFS partition and have the USB loader read it.

Dec 24, 2009 at 12:04 PM

I have the same problem here but with western digital......I have found that if I clone from a 1.5tb to a 1tb hdd they all play fine but if I go 1.5tb to 1.5tb they show up on the screen but when you click the games it goes back to the wii channel so def think wbfs can't cope with a hdd larger than a 1tb.....any updates on this problem so we can work around it?

Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year everyone :0)

Dec 26, 2009 at 11:01 PM

five months ago or so i began using WBFS Manager and 1tb Western Digital, at first everything was working perfectly, then i had to change HD to Buffallo or something and games began dropping one by one after couple of weeks, since then i went back to Western Digital, actually tried 5 different HDs and upgraded the system and CANNOT play any of my games that are storred on PC.

Here is the problem: I back up original through  Configurable USB Loader or USB Loader GX onto HD they play fine, then move it PC through WBFS Manager, When I try to move them back on HD they stop playing. I can see them whatever I use Cofigurable USB Loader or NeoGamma or USB Loader but once I click on the game it either goes to black screen or freezes up after the warning screen, i have about 40 gamess (all but three or four are back ups) and none play right now, any suggestions, I've been at this for months now, I have no idea what else to try!!!

thanks,

Dec 27, 2009 at 1:47 PM

My only fix for this at this point was to utilize fat32 over wbfs. Configurable USB loader and USB loader GX both support fat32 file systems however, USB loader GX literally takes about a minute to read the entire hard drive prior to displaying all available games (the main downside to using fat32), but you will not have this problem if you use configurable usb loader. There is a program which works just as good as WBFS manager (in my opinion) called wii backup manager and supports both wbfs and fat32 partitions. The limitation here is on the .wbfs file structure, and you'll notice that when you format your hard drive using wbfs manager, it’s not recognized by windows, yet if you use Wii backup manager and partition your hard drive as fat32, not only can you utilize the entire drive, you can copy from one hard drive to the other directly. Until a change is made with the limitations on .wbfs, I would try this route.

Dec 27, 2009 at 3:28 PM

so technically with WiiBackManager you could have both .wbfs and fat32 if you partition the hard drive and download the fat option of Configurable USB Loader. right?

Dec 29, 2009 at 12:24 AM

technically, yes.

Jan 1, 2010 at 7:22 AM
frankinsteine wrote:

I have the same problem here but with western digital......I have found that if I clone from a 1.5tb to a 1tb hdd they all play fine but if I go 1.5tb to 1.5tb they show up on the screen but when you click the games it goes back to the wii channel so def think wbfs can't cope with a hdd larger than a 1tb.....any updates on this problem so we can work around it?

Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year everyone :0)

Just bumping my question...any ideas peoples....please ;0)

Jan 1, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Well do you have the 1.5 TB partition set up as 1 full partition? If so, this is your problem. I don't know if this is a limitation of the WBFS structure or with the program itself, but the only way I ever got it working was to split the partitions up. If you read my previous post, formatting the HD for Fat32 and using Wii Backup Manager may be your best bet at the moment.