Help with drive cloning

Oct 8, 2009 at 8:32 AM
Edited Oct 8, 2009 at 8:33 AM

Hi

Firstly this is a great app so thanks to all who created. I have a problem though when trying to clone one drive to another. I have 2 identical 320gb USB 2.0 external drives. Both have their own power supplies. One drive has about 30 ISO's on it and I want to make a backup of this onto the other drive. I tried to use the clone drive to drive tool which worked fine for the first ISO but when this was complete it came up with and error saying "Error occurred while loading drive. Make sure the drive is not in use or open and that it has been formatted to WBFS format.". I tried it several times and got the same message. I also tried selecting individual files and after one file transfer the same error occurs. The only workaround is to turn off the drive with the files on it and re-boot it, then i can transfer another file. This is ok but a pain, any ideas?

Oct 11, 2009 at 3:33 PM

ok, done lots of digging and found the solution. You have to use USB Loader GX to rip your first ISO on any new drive. If you try to transfer the files onto a virgin drive using WBFS it won't work. No idea why but using USB loader GX seems to activate the drive. After this you can link both drives through a PC and clone from one to the other.