Is there a way to expand a WBFS partition .

Sep 24, 2009 at 12:18 AM

Currently i have one wbfs partiton which is about 32 gigs, the total hard drive size is 160 gb, the is one 19 gb  fat 32 partition, as well as 100 gigs of unalocated space.

Is there a way to expand my wbfs partition, or would it be easer to back up my isos, wipe the hdd and try and format a 160 gig partion as WBFS( i wanted to do this originally but i couldn't find a way to create a fat 32 partion thats 160 gbs, since usb loader wont format a nfts partition.

Sep 24, 2009 at 10:20 AM
Edited Sep 24, 2009 at 10:31 AM

Hi!

I'm no rookie in WBFS , but WIKI (what I know is):

keithsoul11 wrote:

Is there a way to expand my wbfs partition, or would it be easer to back up my isos, wipe the hdd and try and format a 160 gig partion as WBFS( i wanted to do this originally but i couldn't find a way to create a fat 32 partion thats 160 gbs, since usb loader wont format a nfts partition.

>> Is there a way to expand my wbfs partition,

I guess, NO! I lost 100GB of ISOs, when I tried to reduce the size of the NTFS Partition (with some partition manager) on my ext. USB drive    :-(((

>>or would it be easer to back up my isos, wipe the hdd and try and format a 160 gig partion as WBFS

ABSOLUTLY!!

>> i couldn't find a way to create a fat 32

No use!  With the windows tool (or any partition manager) you delete every partion, primary and logical drive on the HD.

Then create a new logical drive (Or, if it won't work, try a primary drive) with a dedicated drive letter BUT NOT FORMATTING it to any filesystem, (as wbfsmanager formats it).

Then start wbfsmanager, load the right drive letter :-), and format to WBFS

greetz, brin

Sep 25, 2009 at 1:37 AM

thanks, it took a good hour or so to backup the isos, copy em back on the reformated drive, but its ok, it works great

Sep 28, 2009 at 1:08 PM
Edited Sep 28, 2009 at 1:10 PM
keithsoul11 wrote:

thanks, it took a good hour or so to backup the isos, copy em back on the reformated drive, but its ok, it works great

welcome.

It was worth the hour, believe me - doint it NOT that way, it took me a week to reconstruct my about 100 isos  :-(

bye. brin