WBFS - WD passport 160gb Drive

Sep 19, 2009 at 6:30 AM

I recently purchased from a friend a WD160gb external drive.

I plug it in and I think it registers as G drive, although when clicking on properties their is no gb showing.

When opening WBFS and then selecting G itwill notlet me format.

Could any assist.

Sep 23, 2009 at 9:27 PM

I have the same drive but 320GB. Don't worry it works perfectly. Download USB loader GX and run it through homebrew channel, it will ask you to format your drive. Pick the 160GB as the drive to format, it should take about 5 seconds. Now that it's formatted, plug it in your computer and WBFS manager should detect it :)

Sep 24, 2009 at 9:57 PM

Thanks Musti08.

How do I download USB loader GX on the Homebrew.

Once logged onto the internet through the Homebrew, is it easy to find.

Sep 24, 2009 at 10:24 PM

Download it from this website http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/downloads

Do you have an SD card reader to put files on your SD card? You'll need one. Anyway after you install usb loader on your computer, it will make a folder in "My Documents" or on C: drive, not sure which one, but you'll see a new folder called apps and in that folder is the usb loader folder. Copy the usb loader folder into the apps folder on your SD card, so when you go to homebrew channel you'll see USB loader GX.

Plug the hard disk into your wii. Put it in the left USB slot. The left slot being the one on your left, like if you're standing in front of your wii....you know what I mean haha. Now run homebrew channel, open USB loader GX and it will ask you to format the disk. Make sure you pick the right one to format, don't wanna damage anything. You'll know which one is the right one because of the size (It will say 160GB available, clearly that's your hard disk)

After that's done, unplug it and put it in your PC and you're all done :)

When you run WBFS manager if it gives you an error when you try to load the drive, make sure you pick the correct drive letter in the drop down menu (Usually it will be drive F)