Extracted ISO's Will Not Play, Blank Screen

Sep 19, 2009 at 2:04 AM
Edited Sep 19, 2009 at 2:05 PM

I am testing out the viability of using the Extracting ISO functionality so I can backup the games as I will never trust a HD.   When I try to play a game that was loaded from an "extracted" iso the Wii goes blank and is unresponsive.  I did some googling and found a codeplex discussion about this, but the discussion looks like it has been deleted as I can not find it.  Below are the steps that I have performed.  I feel like I am missing something simple otherwise other users would be asking the same question.  Any ideas?

Load game from original ISO with WBFS.  --->  plays fine

Extract ISO from the game with WBFS.

Delete game with WBFS

Load game from the newly extract ISO with WBFS.  --->  Wii blank screen and unresponsive.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

update:  I ran the export function a couple of more times with success.  For some reason when I originally exported the game the file size was drastically smaller/different then the subsequent, successful times after. So the function does work, but like everything else the 80/20 rule applies.  Nothing is 100%.