Having trouble using WBFS Manager 3.0, It won't add new games to my HDD.

Jun 6, 2009 at 5:51 PM

I've added Animal Crossing and the Munchables and they were transferred with no problem but MadWorld... Boy, you're really something. I've attempted to add it 5 times and it always gave me this error.

"Error occurred while adding some games. Hover the mouse over the error icon next to each game to read the error."
and
"Error occurred while loading drive. Make sure that the drive is not in use or open and that it has been formatted to WBFS format."

Are these common occurrences? The WBFS manager shows no error icon next to Madworld so I'm not able to read its error and I know that the drive is in WBFS format and my computer is reading it alright. What is going on here?

My computer is Windows XP if that helps any.

One other question: When you insert the HDD into your computer, what kind of file system is it (right click the HDD and then Properties)? Mine says RAW while I should have WBFS right? I formatted using the USB Loader and I got a RAW format...

Aug 15, 2009 at 9:25 PM

I myself have this same problem I have 7 or so iso's on my Portable hard drive, and they load fine on the wii and play great, yet If I try to add large end size iso's 4g+ I always get this error...

I've tried many things to fix this problem,but with no success... Oh the game I've been trying to add is Little King's Story.

If anyone has some advice I'd appreciate it.

Note: I have other Iso's running fine on my wii, but have trouble writting over larger end size iso's

Sep 27, 2009 at 6:22 AM

Finally I find a thread that represents my problem, but I see no solution.  From what I've gathered on my own is that once your drive freezes or has that error you need to reformat your drive then add the games all over.  However, it seems I'm stuck and can only add 5 games at one time >.< I fully committed my 120 GIG Western Digital to the soul purpose of loading my Wii ISO so if anyone knows whats up I'd greaty apreciate it.  I also heard it might be a compatability issue

Oct 21, 2009 at 5:24 PM

Update,

Finally realized my device is limited to 10 gigs.  If I try to add more I get the error.  Before I had this drive formatted to WBFS I honestly believe I only had 10 gigs remanining on it (was filled with pictures movies and other stuff).  I can go in delete any previous game I had and add more but being limited to 10 gigs is not good.  I'm attempting a full format (not quick) and try to add my games all over.  Hopefully this will fix my problem.  I'll keep you guys posted if anyone still reads this post.  This might be an error with the WBFS program itself, keeping my fingers crossed that this process works ^_^.

Oct 24, 2009 at 4:11 PM

Instead of using your OS to partition your HDD go snag a professional utility such as Paragon Partition Manager. You can easily partition your drive and format it as RAW. Then don't forget to assign a drive letter in order to mount your drive. Then format to WBFS with the WBFS Manager and you should be good to go.

Jan 16, 2010 at 1:46 AM

come access this problem too.

Fix

attach USB HDD to computer

Open Computer Management (start --> run --> compmgmt.msc)

Under storage select Disk Management

if you see you're drive listed as type 'Basic' and 'File System' (colume header) as NTFS then delete the partition and recreate it but shoose the open to NOT format it.

Format the HDD under WBFS

You can verify it by going back into Computer managment and you will see you're HDD listed as Type = Basic and File system as RAW.

note - this will of couse wipe your HDD and you will need to readd your games again.