delete this post please

Mar 8, 2011 at 4:36 AM

Win7 not recognizing dual WBFS formated external HDD at same time

<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
<script type="text/javascript">// <![CDATA[ google_ad_client = "ca-pub-6358639291865644"; /* InFirstPost_300x250 */ google_ad_slot = "7926116076"; google_ad_width = 300; google_ad_height = 250; // ]]></script> <script type="text/javascript">// <![CDATA[ google_protectAndRun("render_ads.js::google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad); // ]]></script> <ins style="position: relative; margin: 0px; width: 300px; display: inline-table; height: 250px; visibility: visible; padding: 0px;"><ins id="google_ads_frame3_anchor" style="position: relative; margin: 0px; width: 300px; display: block; height: 250px; visibility: visible; padding: 0px;"></ins></ins>
<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Hello all

as the topic states, my main desktop and my netbook cannot recognize having two identical external hdd's at the same time.It will recognize each seperate,but not both at the same time.

The reason i need this is that i am backing up all my WII iso's,With WBFS manager...

both hard drives are WD mypassport 500gb external portables (both powered by USB), and each are partitioned. on one partition its formated ntfs,the other WBFS and both are the exact same like that.

i guess im wondering if its because i named the second hdd drive x and drive z?

i got a warning when formating the second one something like (windows doesnt like when you name the hdd letters like x and z)

so do you think this would be my problem?

what i dont get is that both drives can be recognized when plugged in seperately... hmmm... weird.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->