Copy games from HD to HD

Oct 3, 2010 at 6:48 AM

Hi, I hope someone can help me transfer some of my games from 1 HD to another. I have 2 Wii HD and one HD has all the games while the other has the newer ones so I want to transfer some of the games over without having to clone the entire HD. Is there a way to like drag and drop the games (even though my PC can't read the HD directly due to having a different formatting) or do I really have to use the "Extract ISO" feature for each game I want to transfer then move them over to the other HD? I hope I'm making myself clear. :)

Nov 29, 2010 at 3:20 PM
Edited Nov 29, 2010 at 3:21 PM

With the most current version of WBFS....

To do this, you need to have both HDD's plugged into your PC.  Then load WBFS manager.  First, select the drive via the drop down that has the games YOU WANT TO TRANSFER.  Select the drive, and click LOAD.  The games should appear on the list to your left.

At the very bottom of the program, there is a arrow that says "drive to drive" that you can click which will expand the the program.  It looks similar to what was above.  Select the drive that is going to RECEIVE THE GAMES and click load.  This should be empty or it will present a list of previous games that are on the drive. 

Now there is one of two things that can be done.  First, you can click Clone Drive which will ... clone the two drives.  Note - I have not done this nor do I know whether it will copy everything over and delete everything else..what have you.  The second thing you can do is control / shift click the games you want (from the top selected drive) and press the Copy to Drive button.  This is what I had to do in one case.

This is a late reply but hope this helps for other people!

Dec 2, 2010 at 9:09 AM

Hi, my friend lend me his HDD with Wii games for me to copy into my HDD. However when I went to the WBFS manager to load the games from my friend HDD, there was an error message error loading drive: error occurred while loading drive. Make sure drive is not in use or open and it has been formatted to WBFS format. Pls help