Unable to Format HDD Win 7

Sep 30, 2010 at 8:01 PM

I know there have been numerous posts on this subject and i would not have posted if I were not still having problems, having tried all suggestions previously mentioned.

I have Windows 7 32 bit and I am trying to format a samsung S2 320Gb usb hard drive. I have tried formatting in both exFAT and NTFS, I have removed the volume and left it as RAW, I have tried different drive letters and 2 versions of wbfs manager (3 & 4). I select the drive in the drive letter box, click format, after clicking OK to the warning about deleting all the data I immediately get an error message "An error occurred while attempting to format the drive". The drive is not open in any other windows, so there should be no conflicts.

As I said earlier, I have read every post i could find on this issue and none of the suggestions have worked, so if there is anything new that I could try, I would be grateful of the advice.

Oct 3, 2010 at 2:49 PM

I had the same issue for a while, make sure your AV program is disabled before attaching your drive. Mine was blocking the formatting of the drive.

Apr 17, 2012 at 1:12 AM
Edited Apr 17, 2012 at 1:12 AM

what do you mean with AV programs??

May 16, 2013 at 2:40 AM