Games Won't Play On Wii

Aug 17, 2010 at 6:40 PM

I've followed the instructions with wbfs manager and put the games on an external 80g hard drive but they will not play back on the wii I get a freeze. However when I use a 4g flash drive it works perfectly. Do I need a certain type of hard drive. Do I need to format it with a certain type of software. What is needed on the hard drive to make this work right. I am very new to this. Thanks.

Aug 18, 2010 at 12:47 AM

I had the same issue with mine. When I deleted the fat and ntfs partitions it worked great. I have a large unused portion of my harddrive the is seemingly useless until I find out what I amd diong wrong in the partitioning. If you have other partitions, try deleting them (if they are not important!). I will be checking in on this to see if my issue is addresed too.

Aug 18, 2010 at 1:40 AM

I will try, thanks a million. I am also getting "An error occurred while attempting to format the drive" when i click the format button on the WBFS Manager.

Aug 18, 2010 at 4:01 PM

I had to partition the hard drive because my computer and wbfs would not recognize, however I was able to load the games on the hard drive but the wii would not let me get past the usb loader. It went black and froze and began to blink blue.

Aug 20, 2010 at 8:13 PM

skellinator, thank you for your imput it was very helpful. I had to change the hard drive case and it worked out just fine.