Games stop when playing 1 minute or so

Jun 2, 2010 at 4:34 PM

I have put a lot of games on my external hard drive with WBFS Manager and most of them work fine.

But the last 3 or 4 games I put on my external hard drive do not seem to work right. I can play 1 minute or so and then the game freezes. After that I have tried one of the elder games I have on my external hard disk and I can play them without any problems. Then I realized that there was something different in the process of putting these later games on my external hard drive with WBFS Manager.

Normally you load WBFS Manager and then search for a game to put on it. After clicking the game that is on your pc it takes a while to show on the right side of the WBFS Manager, getting ready to be added to the external HD. And transferring it to the external HD takes also quite a long time (couple of minutes).

With the latest games: to put it on the right side of WBFS Manager it is there right away, no waiting, and that is strange. After that it takes the normal time to transfer it to the external HD.

So I think that that is the problem of the games freezing after 1 minute or so.

Can someone help me ?

Jun 4, 2010 at 10:00 PM
I had a similar issue like this before. When you say it takes no time at all to load/transfer is it almost instaneous in WBFS Manager? If so, check the right side, does it display the right game ID/Title? How about the size? When I had this issue, it made the size of my bad games .1GB. Turns out the source drive i was getting the games from was having issues near failing and needed to be replaced. Maybe you should do a disk check on your drive with windows or even some other software such as spinrite. Let us know if this resolves the problem.
Jun 5, 2010 at 10:27 AM
Edited Jun 5, 2010 at 10:28 AM

On the right side in WBFS Manager it displays the right game ID/Title. Torrent Super Mario Galaxy More: Size is 4,38 and it becomes 1,3 gb to put on the external HD. I will check my drive. Get back to you later if it comes up with problems. Thanks.

Jun 8, 2010 at 9:05 PM

Definitely the right sizes and names for that game. Same as mine. Could very well be the HDD. I just RMA'd my backup drive because I could copy things to it, but not copy from. Would reply with CRC errors or just stall out.

Jun 8, 2010 at 9:30 PM

I have checked my HDD and it is okay. But problem is not solved yet. I have put a new game on the external drive and am going to put another new one on it later tonight and then I can check both games.

First one shows the same problem, without delay I can add it to the right side of WBFS Manager and it takes several minutes (6 minutes or so) to put it on the external drive. So the problem putting it on the right side is still there.

I will check both new games tomorrow and let you know the result. Thanks for replying.

Jun 11, 2010 at 5:08 PM
Finally I know what the problem was, so far....... HD has crashed. So I will install WBFS Manager on my new harddisk and try again. I think it will be okay now.
Jun 16, 2010 at 3:25 AM

Thats the last thing anyone wants it to be. Glad you sorted it out... thanks for posting back.

Nov 6, 2013 at 7:06 AM
Edited Nov 6, 2013 at 7:06 AM
Eight seed products in the Canada Goose OutletJapanese Summit, guaranteeing they might possibly not meet New mexico during the initial game.Go is actually calculating 21 years of age.4 areas, 5 various gets back and additionally 5 helps for every adventure this Canada Goose Jacketsholiday season for the purpose of Las vegas, snapping shots just about fifty six percent on the soil given that the All-Star enter Feb .."I was in fact perception awesome, playing well,Inch Wade pointed out. "Cheap Canada GooseTo have a relatively issue by using such as bruises, it was challenging."Wade's most recent leg challenge initiated Drive 5, when he got profitable within a video game from the Orlando Magic. One other impact canada goose parkawith the knee arrived on March 21 around Boston ma, giving you a second bruise. Wade mentioned site full of empty guaranteed what sort of other bruise developed.These gets came out for the period of what canada goose coatsevolved into Miami's 27-game gaining streak, this second-longest for National basketball association story this was snapped six game titles short from the Temperature complementing the report 33-game workcanada goose jacket sale through Chicago Lakers inside 1971-72 year or so."I suspect that canada goose jacketsreceiving talent played a job in me having fun with a touch too lengthy,Inches Gocanada goose parka suggested.Sort portrayed April 27 against Philadelphia,canada goose sale twisting his own ankle within that adventure, one that snapped typically the 27-game skills.