Format only part of hard drive???

May 2, 2010 at 2:59 AM

Can you format only like 50-75 gigs. I have a 1.5 T and I already used up like 350 gigs and it will take a while to keep moving 350 gigs back and forth. So is there a way so i can keep my 350 gigs of data already in my external hard drive and only formating 50-75 gigs of it for my backed wii games???

May 27, 2010 at 4:48 PM
try creating a new partition using one of the partition programs like Acronis partition manager or Ghost or partition majic the program will use the unused space to create the new partition and then just format that partition and you can do what ever you like with that partition
Jun 4, 2010 at 10:06 PM
aside from software you can also use (in windows) Disk Management, (in linux) Gpart or other distro equivalent. I am not familiar with Mac's disk management title, but I know it has one as well. That way you don't have to bother finding/buying software.
Sep 3, 2010 at 2:04 AM

Take more information from the article--Guidelines on How to Partition a Hard Drive in windows by Creating, Deleting, Formatting and Resizing Partition.

You will get clear about the operations. And you will know how to deal with the problem you mentioned correctly.

Good luck!