Estimated ISO size hazard from one HD to another one

Apr 25, 2010 at 12:55 AM
Edited Apr 25, 2010 at 1:09 AM

Hello,

I experienced something weird by copying my 500Gb Hard drive to another one larger (1.5 Tb) with WBFS Manager 3.0. Both are Western Digital Hard drives, partitions were converted from NTFS to WBFS via WBFS Manager 3.0.

My games doesn't have the same estimated size from one Hard drive to the second one (!!).

For example "Geometry Wars galaxies" is 0.38 Gb on the 500 Gb HD, and is 0.50 Gb on the 1.5Tb HD.

It is exactly the same if I directly copy this ISO I recorded into my computer (WindowsXP) to each of the WBFS hard drives : This ISO is 0.38GB for one drive, and 0.50Gb for the other.

Anyone has an explanation ?

Does anyone has experienced a way to act on the Hard drive configuration (physical size of the clusters when format, ... ) in order to minimize the size the ISO could take ?

PS : Image of the WBFS Manager window

Apr 28, 2010 at 2:13 PM
Edited Apr 28, 2010 at 6:23 PM

Some additional informations :

Games are listed on the wii into Usb Loader GX (or even other loaders), but I can't launch them.

The wii comes back to titles with Usb loader GX, or gives a "RET-1" error with usb configurable loader.

I'm using cIOS 38 rev 17, I just tried v19 but without much success.

Any idea ?

EDIT : I Tried the WBFS format option of another application (named WBFS GUI), and then the size of the ISO copied via WBFS Manager (or another soft) are different.

For example "Geometry Wars galaxies" takes now 0.44 Gb on the 1.5 Tb HDD !

The most important : Now it works again on the wii (cIOS38 rev 17).